Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rick Rypien Granted Leave of Absence For Personal Reasons

The Canucks announced today that they granted Rick Rypien an indefinite leave of absence for personal matters. This is the second time in three years that Rypien's been granted a leave for personal reasons. It could be a completely separate issue; it likely isn't.

People are wondering what it is, and I hope it stays a secret. If it's substance abuse (as rumoured last time, and only rumoured), it's nobody business but his own. Most of us have a family member or friend that's struggled with substance abuse and it's Hell; there's no need to add a public element to it. And if it's something else, it's still nobody's business but his own.

PITB's prayers go out to Rick Rypien during what must be a very difficult time. Get what you need, Ryp.

5 comments:

  1. According to @MGtheGM, "Rick Rypien has gone on a quest to hunt down that Wild fan and finish the job. I said just don't be with the team when you do."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this - I agree entirely. I feel very silly being a 5'3" girl and feeling protective of professional hockey players, but god, I hate the attitude of entitlement that surrounds this sort of thing. I hope he's okay, and of he doesn't want me to know, I don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES!
    Thank you for being a sensible voice in this chaos

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would make for a good tagline: "Pass it to Bulis: A Sensible Voice in this Chaos."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, yes. I'm going to update the header tagline when I get home from work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...